Monday 7 March 2011

Evaluation question 5) How did you attract/address your audience?

We reached out to our target audience through the use of the Internet. I created a online survey on surveymonkey.com
This is the link for the survey , http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FNRMCMX

I sent this link to my friends via text but to widen the responses i posted the survey on my facebook account. This allowed me to get a lot more responses and a vast amount of different people to take the survey. I spoke about my thriller project and how feedback from this survey would help me greatly so i requested some responses and to my relief I got a lot.

This is the link on my facebook account that i have asked colleague's to complete

The thriller holds the audiences attention as the feelings of the hit man can be related to almost everyone, where you are asked to do something that you strongly disagree with, from the extremes to the minor. When this happens we all undoubtedly feel a sense of hostility and anger towards the person asking us to do the thing we don't want to, reflected in the hit man's aggressive behavior and tone of voice. What will keep the audience's attention will be who he is talking to as we do not see the victims face until the end, and what he will do to the victim. Along with the countdown theme of the titles, it will give them a felling that some explosion or detonation will occur , which keeps the audience engaged and on the edge.

Why will the audience what to carry on watching after the two minutes...

simply because the first two minutes are filled with mystery, suspense and tension. The audience will be left wanting to know the answers to several questions, like ..why didn't the hitman want to kill the target?..why is he so angry with the women,... what is the sudden flash of White light.. is it a bomb ??
With all the mystery around the hitman's relationship with the target, the boss and also why he is so angry will leave the audience wanting answers. The mystery behind the targets past will baffled the audience, leaving them needing, demanding a explanation.
The use of the cliffhanger right at the end contributes to a lot of the questions. With the sudden appearance of white light seconds after we see the victims face and realise who it is, if it makes me wonder what happens next, I'm sure the audience will also feel the same. The connection between the audience and the hitman will instantly make the audience want to find out how he handles the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment